The WS500 is a combination measurement workstation that incorporates several different measurement types that can be included in a single characterization sequence.
The standard measurement types include spectral attenuation, mode field diameter (MFD), and cut-off wavelength and this series of optical test systems has been designed to be the most accurate and repeatable measurement systems available, for measuring in single mode and multimode mode fiber, components, and cables, all in a compact and efficient package. The WS500 is designed to produce accurate measurements quickly and with confidence.
Features & Benefits
- Solid-state construction – Stable, accurate, and reliable, yielding low ownership costs.
- Broad-band SLED light sources – Wide spectral coverage of 1250–1650 nm.
- Low power Tungsten lamp – Long life and reduced operating costs.
- Far Field Scanner for MFD – Better suited for a wider range of fiber types.
- Fully developed control software – User programmable automated high-speed measurements.
- Applicable to most fiber types – Applicable to most fiber types – Measures NDS, NZDS, DC, and bend-insensitive variants.
WS500 system may be configured with additional measurement options to satisfy the end users measurement requirements
The standard combination workstation, measuring spectral attenuation, mode field diameter (MFD), Aeff, cut-off wavelength.
Adds broad-band multimode 850nm LED to the far field scanning method enabling the measurement of multimode numerical aperture.
Macro bending loss
Adds pre-defined mandrel diameters and software enabling sequential measurement of bend loss at different bend radii over a programmable wavelength range.
Our PECON Instrument control software is optimised to enhance user experience, enabling reliable and reproducible measurements.