MA500 is our polarisation mode field diameter (MFD) and effective area (Aeff) measurement family, specially designed to measure large effective area and high NA single mode fibers with its enhanced dynamic range and high-resolution scanning optics.
With its wide angle scanner measuring MFD utilizing the IEC reference test method, you can measure a wide range of fiber types including small MFD fibers such as dispersion compensating (DC) fiber or using the high-resolution scan suitable for Ultra-large Effective Area fibers (ULEAF).
Options for the light sources allows for flexibility of end users to select their source of choice. Where the end user wishes to use their own laser source, PFO provides an optional external input which includes source modulation/chopping.
Features & Benefits
- Solid-state construction – Stable, accurate, and reliable, yielding low ownership costs.
- Far Field Scanner for MFD – Both small MFD and ultra-large area fibers (ULEAF).
- Flexible light source configuration – Options such as internal laser or external light source, fixed wavelength, or tunable.
- Fully developed control software – User programmable automated high-speed measurements.
- Applicable to most fiber types – Standard, NDS, NZDS, DC, bend-insensitive, and multi-mode variant fibers.
MA500 may be configured with different input light sources.
- Internal laser of up to 4 wavelengths
- External light source (Fixed wavelength or Tuneable)
Our PECON Instrument control software is optimised to enhance user experience, enabling reliable and reproducible measurements.